Sales and lettings viewing protocols
14th May 2020
Following updated Government guidelines on sales and lettings during the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
outbreak, we have reviewed our processes for provision of our sales and lettings agency services.
Government guidance can be located here
Virtual viewings / video tours will continue to be used as default. Once a virtual viewing has been
carried out, and purchasers have passed financial viability assessments, IF they require a physical
viewing before proceeding these can be arranged, subject to site access.
If they or any member of the household being viewed is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is
self-isolating, then a physical viewing should be delayed.
Appointments will be conducted as follows:
- Viewings are by appointment only
- Maximum of two adults from one single household can attend a viewing. Children cannot attend viewings
- Names of the adults attending to be confirmed in advance
- Open house viewings are not allowed
- Those attending viewings are asked to bring and wear appropriate face masks / face coverings
- Viewing times to be kept to minimum appropriate to property size
- Sufficient time to be allowed between appointments to allow for cleaning of door handles etc,
and to ensure no overlap between different household appointments
• Sales consultants will arrive in advance, open up the property, opening internal doors using
door wedges, limiting contact with door handles etc.
- Sales consultants will be provided with gloves and masks for their own use, and will have hand
sanitiser, wipes and shoe coverings available.
- Customers will be asked to wait in their vehicle or away from the development or property until the sales consultant calls to confirm they can enter
- Social distancing regulations are to be observed at all times. If the size or layout of the property
makes this difficult, the sales consultant may allow access but wait outside
- No paperwork or brochures will be shared or passed around during viewings – all forms and
marketing collateral will be provided in advance of appointment, or post appointment for follow up admin
- Soap and paper towels or hand sanitiser will be provided
- Post appointment – all gloves, used wipes will be placed in plastic bag and tied securely for disposal off site
- Door handles and surfaces will be wiped with antibacterial wipes between viewings and before
- Completions – home demos will continue to be carried out online using Skype / Facetime /
Teams asap post completion
- These protocols will be followed for all appointment types – viewings, valuation visits, sales
Red Loft viewings protocols during Coronavirus pandemic May 2020
< Return to News List